Webinar 1 : Free software acquisition by public administration
November 25th, 2020 11:30 - 13:00 CET
Webinar 2 : Public sector collaborations around FOSS projects
December 16th, 2020 11:30 - 13:00 CET
Nowadays free software is spreading more and more to the enterprise level: open source is no more the “enemy”. Why? Because it works! And the private sector is quick to pick up what works…
But what about the Public Administration? The public sector has reasons, unknown to the private sector, for choosing the “open alternative” : not only ethical reasons, but also principle as transparency, competition, public money spending, etc. And free software can also help to speed up the transforming process from a passive PA, as user, to a “pro-active” digital PA. So PA should be ready to consider software not only as a tool, but as a valuable asset for the growth of the society.
At the same time, PA must comply with specific procurement rules. In this picture, what elements are or could be involved in such a procurement process that can lead to more conscious and open procurement? More importantly, to what extent is the public administration really paying attention to the tools already available to guide a more "open" procurement process that allows for the consideration of open source software? Listening to both public and private actors, we will try to study tools and best (or bad) practices in PA and FOSS procurement..
This first webinar will be facilitated by Laura Garbati, lawyer at the CSI Piemonte (Italy).
- Leonardo Favario - Italian government : Leonardo is the Open Source Project Leader of the Department for the Digital Transformation at the Italian Government. He is responsible for the open source strategy which involves Developers Italia, the publiccode.yml specification, the new National guidelines and the catalogue of open source software created by public administrations and available for reuse. Leonardo, a free and open source software advocate since a very young age, holds a PhD in computer and control engineering
- Italo Vignoli - The Document Foundation : Italo Vignoli is a founding member of The Document Foundation, the Chairman Emeritus of Associazione LibreItalia, an Open Source Initiative (OSI) board member, and co-chair of the ODF Advocacy OASIS Open Project. He co-leads LibreOffice marketing, PR and media relations, co-chairs the certification program, and is a spokesman for the project. He has contributed to large migration projects to LibreOffice in Italy, and is a LibreOffice certified migrator and trainer. From 2004 to 2010 he has been involved in the OOo project.
- Benjamin Jean - inno³ : Known for all his work on Open Source and Open Data, Benjamin is currently CEO of inno³, an open innovation consulting firm focused on IP’s value and collaborative and open project management. Indeed, besides his full-time job at inno3, he teaches Intellectual Property law at several universities, he is Master conferences at Science Po, works as a consultant at Gilles Vercken Law firm, and regularly intervenes as an expert at several related events and conferences.
- Roberto Cavallo Perin - University of Turin : Roberto is full Professor of Administrative Law at the Law Department, University of Turin (Italy) and lawyer at the Bar of Turin. He is also Member of the Teaching Staff of Ph.D in Public Law at the University of Turin. He is General Editor of the leading Italian review on administrative law Diritto amministrativo, member of the Editorial board of Diritto processuale amministrativo and General Editor of the worldwide network IUS PUBLICUM among the leading reviews of public and administrative law.
- Barbara Gagliardi - University of Turin : Barbara, PhD, is Associate Professor in Administrative Law at the University of Turin; she was a Visiting Scholar at the Paris Institut d’Etudes Politique and at the Center for Studies in Higher Education at the University of California, Berkeley. She is member of the editorial board of the leading Italian review on administrative law Diritto amministrativo (Giuffrè), IUS PUBLICUM and Actualité juridique – Fonctions Publiques (AJFP, Dalloz)
- Mairie de Paris
Webinar 3 : Open source governance within public administrations
January 27th, 2021 11:30 - 13:00 CET
Webinar 4 : Open science and open source
February 17th, 2021 11:30 - 13:00 CET
Webinar 5 : Tools for public administrations
March 17th, 2021 11:30 - 13:00 CET
Abstract / Bio / title / photo.