We value everyone's participation and want every participant to have a positive experience. All persons participating in an EOLE event (speakers, audience, sponsors, organizing team, volunteers, etc.) thus agree to accept the following code of conduct.
The organization will strive to ensure that this Code is respected at all events associated with EOLE. We expect everyone's cooperation to ensure a healthy environment for all.
The organizing team is committed to providing events where anyone can participate in an inclusive, respectful and safe environment. This Code describes the rules of conduct to be followed.
It is, of course, expected that any person participating in the event must conduct himself/herself with integrity and respect towards everyone.
This Code applies to all events organized by, or with, EOLE (meetings, workshops, conferences, after-works, etc.) whether or not the entity organizing, hosting or sponsoring the event falls within the scope of EOLE.
The Code of Conduct applies to any person participating, speaking or attending an EOLE event in any capacity whatsoever.
The code of conduct is not of a legal or prescriptive nature.
Decency and social responsibility
Harassment is defined by any unacceptable or improper behaviour that is likely to cause offence or humiliation to another person or that might be perceived as such. Harassment in any form based on gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, physical ability, physical appearance, ethnicity, national origin, political affiliation, age, religion or any other ground is prohibited.
If you feel harassed, if you think someone is being harassed, and more generally if there is any problem, please contact the organizing team immediately. Its members, introduced at the beginning of the event, will be easily identifiable thanks to badges, necklaces, or personalized t-shirts.
Any member of the organizing team may issue an oral warning to a participant whose behaviour violates this Code of Conduct. All warnings must be reported to the email address email@example.com as soon as possible.
As such, the organizing team may take, but is not limited to, the following actions :
- ask the person committing the acts to immediately cease the incriminated behaviour ;
- suspend or deny access to the event or deny registration for future EOLE events, or both ;
- refer the complaint to any authority empowered to take disciplinary action or conduct investigations ;
- forwarding a report to the employer or entity having jurisdiction over the person accused of harassment to enable them to take appropriate follow-up action.
Contact in the event of an incident
- Reach us per mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please report all warning by making a detailed report (identification of the person accused; the time; the offending behaviour and the circumstances of the incident; the approximate time of the incident if different from the report)
- You can also reach us should you have any question about our code of conduct
- For emergency cases please call 112
License and attribution
This code of conduct is published under cc by sa 4.0